Low Carb Portobello Mushroom Pizza
This is a favorite low carb portobello mushroom pizza and is an easy low carb stuffed mushroom recipe! This portobello cap is not only stuffed with pepperoni, but 3 different cheeses and other goodies.
An important ingredient to a delish stuffed portabella mushroom pizza is a good low carb marinara sauce.
Typical tomato sauces can have a lot of extra carbs and if you don’t want to make your own pizza or marinara sauce, Rao’s Homemade Marina’s Sauce fits the bill with only 4 total and 3 net carbs (the one to go buy – 4 carb minus 1 fiber) per 1/2 cup. It is also re-closable if you use it in a lot of small dishes.
Low Carb Portobello Mushroom Pizza Recipe
- 1 Mushroom is 1 serving –recipe is for 1 Mushroom
- 3.5-4 grams of carbs per Pizza Shroom
- Portobello Mushroom, 1 is 1 serving – use more for more servings
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbspn Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 tbspn Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Parmesan Cheese – eyeball it!
- Provolone Slices (1 1/2 per mushroom)
- 1 1/2 tbspn of Rao’s Homemade Marina’s Sauce (the smallest available is 15.5 oz)
- 1 Green Onion Diced and/or 1 tsp Dried Chives (optional)
- 1 tsp Dried Basil, or several fresh leaves if you have it
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Your favorite Pepperoni
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Aluminum foil
- Remove stem and gently spoon out extra mushroom meat.
- Rub inside and outside of Portobella Mushroom with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add 1/2 of a torn up Provolone Cheese Slice.
- Add a bit of Parmessan, Salt, and Pepper to this. Fill bottom in a circle with some Pepperoni.
- Dollop in your Rao’s Marina Sauce and smear around.
- Mix Mushroom Meat, Mozzarella, Cheddar, Parmesan Cheese, Green Onion or Dried Chives, Oregano, Parsley, Garlic Powder, Basil, and Salt and Pepper.
- Fill up Mushroom with Mixture.
- Sprinkle top with more Parmesan if so desired.
- Cover with 1 Provolone Cheese Slice (you can tear it in half to make it fit better.)
- Top that off with Pepperoni.
- Wrap foil completely around mushroom.
- Cook in oven on 325F for 15-20 minutes, or place on grill on medium for 15 – 20 min.
- Serve and eat!
Enjoy in Joy!
Originally posted 2017-09-12 21:42:45.