Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Cream Cheese Bake
Nom Nom on this one! Made it last night and we have no leftovers! My bacon wrapped chicken breast cream cheese bake is simple and delicious!
I highly recommend using a pan that contains raised grills marks. These come in handy when you want to grill a steak, or even a burger in the house and have grill marks!
However, it works great for this recipe because it enables the excess oils that come off the bacon to run off into it’s basin. Leaving your bacon wrapped chicken breast to cook evenly and not get soggy.
I use this pan for everything! It is non-stick and easy cleanup! It is stove-top and oven safe. Just don’t forget to use those oven mitts!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Cream Cheese Bake Recipe:
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning (zero carbs)
- Simply Organic Smoked Paprika (divine on deviled eggs!)
- Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack Cheeese
- 6-8 slices of Bacon
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional if using non-stick pan)
- 11″+ Non-stick Cooking Pan
Next we are going to season and assemble our bacon wrapped chicken breast cream cheese football loaves!
- Clean chicken breasts under cool running water and pat dry.
- Season both sides with the Montreal Seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to your tastes.
- Flip breasts so that the outer of the breasts are lying flat down and you are working with the inner cut of the breast.
- Cut a thin strip in center of chicken, longwise, do not cut all the way through, we are just making a little hole to help hold the cheese in.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and colby jack cheese until well blended. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put mixtures into each hole on chicken; it will over flow, that is okay! We just are using it as a reservoir to hold more cheese in and prevent it all from running out during cooking.
- Wrap each breast up with your bacon. I left little chicken exposed.
- Cook in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Estimated carbs: 3 grams per bacon wrapped chicken breast. To know for sure, be sure to read you cheese pkg and cream cheese containers for amount of carbs in them.
***As the chicken and bacon shrink, some cheese may run out. It’s okay, simply spoon it up and put it on top. YUM YUM!
Originally posted 2017-08-24 21:41:46.